External Counterpulsation Therapy (ECP or EECP) has proven to be a effective treatment for a variety of medical conditions. The process of mechanically delivering oxygenated blood flow to all parts of the body has proven to have profound clinical benefits. ECP Therapy is safe, easily tolerated and simple in concept for patients to enroll.
As most of us know, the majority of the clinical work validating ECP Therapy is in the areas of coronary artery disease and congestive heart failure. However in addition to these existing clinical application, ECP has also demonstrated clinical benefit in other areas. Some of them include:
- Exercise replacement / Wellness therapy – this is a sound application for all patient populations but particularly useful for those with bad backs, hips, knees etc. Great source for weekly exercise (3 days per week @ 25 minutes per session)
- Erectile Dysfunction – ECP is very effective for ED that is vascular in orgin
- Cerebral disorders – dementia, alzheimer disease, stroke, depression etc
- Peripheral vascular disease – symptoms improve with improvement in micro vascular perfusion & improved endothelial function
- Parkinson’s disease – ECP has proven to reset the central nervous system delivering improvement in motor skills & reduce the need for medication
- Recovery from intense athletic training – common use with ECP as the squeeze mechanism help remove lactic acid in the lower extremities. ECP has proven to not only improve the recovery time, but enhance the quality of the recovery.
- Improve circulation – easy sell to patients concerned about lack of oxygenated blood flow to distal parts of the body
- Heart Failure – improves contractility, ejection fraction, reduction in atrial arrhythmias & improves VO2 max
- Inflammatory Disorders – Since ECP has proven to reduce inflammation in the body, there is evidence that it can help for a wide array of inflammatory disorders related to cardiovascular disease, rheumatoid arthritis & other forms of chronic pain. It has even been shown to reduce back pain.
- Neuropathy – ECP restores flow to all parts of the body including the most distal regions in the peripheral limbs. We have seen improvement in peripheral neuropathy with the restoration of oxygenated blood flow.
- Diabetes – There is a study that showed ECP helps with absorption of glucose for patients with diabetes. Also, ECP improves microvascular function, reduces inflammation with are key components to slowing the progression or prolonging complications associated with diabetes & various forms of autonomic neuropathy
- Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) – ECP Therapy has recently been found to benefit patients with POTS. This was a miraculous discovery recently by physicians at the University California Davis. The treatment protocol is much different with only 1-2 treatments each week for 30 minutes each. There is an upcoming upcoming clinical trial to publish the unique findings.
- Aerobic / endurance training for athletes – improve peak endurance training for cyclists, triathletes, MMA fighters etc.
For more clinical support, visit ECP & EECP Clinical Trials
The ECP group present at the ACIM Conference is comprised of industry leaders across all ECP & EECP companies providing highest quality, reliable instrumentation. Our team has formed a new partnership with ECPtherapy.com to leverage their unique relationships with the various ECP & EECP manufactures & distributors to deliver opportunities for quality systems much lower cost.
You can view the current systems by click ECP & EECP Systems for Sale.
For more information, you can contact Sales@ECPtherapy.com.
**Reference Promo Code: ACIM